Construct offers you a valuable opportunity to learn new skills and begin a career in the trades and construction industry here in York Region. Construct is a solution at the intersection of two challenges; growing demand for skilled employees in the construction industry and vulnerable low-income individuals need low barrier jobs and a higher income to achieve housing stability. Our program is designed to help breakdown barriers to employment and provide direct connections to employment opportunities and careers.
We will train and mentor you every step of the way equipping you with the necessary skills to succeed in both your personal and professional lives.
With the number of skilled workers set to retire, the future opportunity for employment remains bright.
Construct a New Career
Cohorts of 8 Trainees will complete an 8-week full-time training program
40hrs per week
Transportation throughout the program, to and from classes and job sites as well as safety equipment is provided.
You will receive:
- 2 weeks in-class skills training in trades math, reading comprehension, social skills & work etiquette, writing resumes, job interview techniques, trades skills, and health and safety certifications.
- 6 weeks of on-the-job training to learn and apply your trades skills.
- One-on-one support for the duration of the program and for up to six months after graduation to assist you in securing a long-term career.
- Additional personal and professional supports generously provided by YMCA
- Intake tool package generously donated by the Home Depot Foundation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to work on-site generously donated by LiUNA! Local 506
- Meal support for the duration of the program.
- Grade 10 education or equivalent
- Canadian Citizen, Refugee or Permanent Resident status in Canada
- Ages 18+